I just saw a post on Instagram informing me that there are only seven more Fridays until Christmas. On the one hand that sounds very soon. On the other hand that sounds like heaps of time. But for now, I'll keep my head focused on the new month of November. Here are some things that I have going on:
- Teaching about intercessory prayer for one morning on a DTS course.
- Running SHINEGirl at two high schools, one of which I’m the main facilitator.
- Helping organize the premiere/graduation for the Schools of Digital Filmmaking and Acting.
- Putting the finishing touches on a standard goodbye gift for staff who are leaving YWAM Brisbane. I’ve been working on the gift pack with another long-term staff member. It includes a create-your-own tumbler from Starbucks and a Fossil passport/ticket holder.
- Baking for two weeks for The Meeting Place Café: the charity coffee shop at the YWAM base.
- Serving a morning shift once a week at the same café, since it’s just started these new opening hours in hopes of connecting with moms of school aged kids in the neighbourhood. We’re just down the street from the neighbourhood primary school.